Based in Manchester UK
PC / XBox One / PS4
Sheep with Homing Mines. Minesheeper is a multiplayer arcade game that blends tactics with mayhem. Pit your wits against up to 7 other players, wielding a deadly arsenal of sheep-seeking homing mines, airstrikes, shrink rays and more. Each deathmatch takes place atop mighty craft including flying battleships and submarines. The game supports single player as well as local and online multiplayer.
Minesheeper started in August 2015, originally as a means of learning Unreal Engine 4, borrowing inspiration from the mighty Bomberman to help shape the project's direction. But it quickly took on a life of its own when the key element of "smart" homing mines was added, offering a radically different style of gameplay to anything else in the genre. It became clear that this game was a completely separate beast to those that had inspired it and that this was something the world needed to see. Minesheeper was created entirely by Darby Costello, including design, code, 2D / 3D art and music, along with the website, trailers and all promotional material. Darby has worked across the digital industries in various capacities for over a decade, including games. One day it dawned on him that he probably had a diverse enough skillset to single-handedly produce a commercial game in its entirety. Nobody he told this to believed him.
- Up to 8 players, locally or online
- Smart CPU-controlled characters make even single player mode fun
- Innovative homing mine gameplay leads to some surprising tactics
- Each player wields a unique weapon, such as ice, electric and singularity mines
- Dozens of powerups like stealth fields, giant sheep, air strikes, shrink rays and more
- Throw an array of traps and portals into the mix and things get really crazy
- Six level themes, including flying battleships, tanks and submarines
- Beautifully crafted military dubstep soundtrack
- Fully customisable game options such as round time, team battles and smart mines mode
- Tons of awards to win, like freak of nature, mad scientist, MVP and lunatic
Logo & Icon
- "Dieselpunk sheep on a flying battleship. With homing mines... should have already been released long ago."
- Alex Santa Maria, Techraptor
- "It's like Bomberman... on crack."
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Ghostvoid is a newly created games studio, focusing on Unreal Engine 4.
More information on Ghostvoid, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Production, Design, Code, Art, Animation, Music, Sound